As a website owner, it is important you request for the website login details from the website developer. In most cases you have the username and password but don’t know to access the wordpress login url?
Yea, i understand that feeling especially when you are not so good with techs.
By default It’s very simple to access your WordPress admin dashboard through the common WordPress login url, all you have to do is go to:
WordPress Login URL for main domain:
WordPress Login URL for sub-directory:
For instance, we installed wordpress on a sub-directory (/diy) so to access the WordPress login url: ogastartup.com/diy/wp-admin
WordPress Login Url for sub domain:
Let’s say we installed wordpress on a sub domain,
Diy.ogastartup.com, the WordPress login url by default will be diy.ogastartup.com/login
Yay, you just did it but do you know this very simple method isn’t secured, I’m not trying to make you feel scared but anyone could access this login url which makes your site open for hacks and unauthorized access.
How to find your WordPress login url and make it secure using WPS Hide Login
Changing the login URL keeps your WordPress admin dashboard safe from the public.
Go to plugins: Search WPS Hide Login
Once downloaded and activated, all you need to do is:
- Click on WPS Hide Login from the Settings tab in your right-hand sidebar.
- Add your new Login URL path in the Login URL field.
- Add a specific redirect URL in the Redirection URL.
This page will trigger when someone tries to access the standard wp-login.php page and wp-admin directory while not logged in. Hit Save Changes.
WPS Hide Login is a very light plugin that lets you easily and safely change the url of the login form page to anything you want. It doesn’t literally rename or change files in core, nor does it add rewrite rules. It simply intercepts page requests and works on any WordPress website. The wp-admin directory and wp-login.php page become inaccessible.
How to find your WordPress login url and make it secure using All in One Security Plugin
The All In One WordPress Security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level with its features such as:
- Detect if there is a user account that has the default “admin” username and easily change the username to a value of your choice.
- Ability to hide admin login page. Rename your WordPress login page URL so that bots and hackers cannot access your real WordPress login URL.
- Prevent people from accessing the readme.html, license.txt, and wp-config-sample.php files of your WordPress site.